My First 50K Buckle (Part XXII)

The buckle looks like this. No shit.

Doppeldonger 50/50: My First 50K Buckle (Part XXII)

The gun went off. I was charging up Boner Cyn, arms churning and butt-cheeks flapping. Pretty soon the race was down to double digits.

At the first aid station (Chorizo Flats, 4.3mi, 1:20) I wrestled a lawnchair away from a very large woman in polyester tights and a "Lion King" sweatshirt. Her skinny wispy-bearded boyfriend "Nigel" who was wearing a Klingon Starfleet Academy jumpsuit was getting agitated, but fuck him! I was the ultra-stud gunning for my first buckle, OK?

I changed my shoes and re-vaselined my face. Now I was ready. The last foot-long chili-dog was history. My loins were girded. I was the Inner Warrior.

Here are some notes I made during the race, with my splits:

Chorizo Flats, 4.3mi, (1:20)

Wanker Hollow Pass 9.5mi

Mother's Lament (12.8mi)

Highway 69 Underpass (14.6mi)

Wheezer Creek (17.2 mi)

Brown-Eye Summit (20.1)

Bongwater Crossing (23.7)

Hellmouth K-Mart Parking-lot A/S (26.0003 mi) this is a popular drop-out place.

Night Naval Gunnery Range (28.1mi)

Norm's Place (30.3 mi)

Finish Line (31.00057823mi)
I'll be leading the "unofficial" training runs up here next year. This way I will be able to share with all of you everything I have learned from my very first 100.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Once And Future AC100 Course Record Beckons

Tarahumarans And Ultras

Never Bet Against The Angeles Crest 100