Social Endorphine, or, The Lament of the Injured Influencer

Things are not, as they seem...

Social Endorphine, or, The Lament of the Injured Influencer

Here I lie, on my Instagram bed
Tell me, Social Endorphine, when you liking me again
Oh, and I don’t think I can’t post long
Oh, you see, I’m not that strong

The scream of the Whambulance is sounding in my ears
Come on now, Social Endorphine, how long have I been lying here?
What am I doing in this place?
Why does the emoji have no face?
Oh, I can't crawl across the floor
Can't you see, Social Endorphine, I'm just trying to score

Well, it just goes to show, things are not what they seem
Please, Social Endorphine, turn my dropped logs into schemes
Oh, can't you see my stats, fading fast
Yeah, and that this bot will be my last?

Come on
Ah, yeah

Please, please, Cousin PayPal, lay your cool, cool hand on my head
Come on now, Social Endorphine, you better make up my bed
'Cause you know, and I know in the morning I'll zeros and ones,
And you can sit around, and you can watch
As I clutch all the green no refunds, ah
###

With insincere apologies to Messrs Jagger & Richards

Further reading on Influencer Angst   

In Every Ultra-Dream A Heartache 

Installusia: Sketches Of Pain

Thee Influencer's Dilemma

Hello Burnout, My Old Friend

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Didn't Conquer Kilimanjaro

If Carhartt Made Wedding Dresses…

Never Bet Against The Angeles Crest 100